Shopping Cart
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
CelebrateThank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart

Sharon Campbell

Family & Marriage Celebrant-A11669

Legalities & Documentation:

"Section 42 of the Marriage Act 1961 defines a Marriage to be "The union between a man and a woman, to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life"

Notice of Intent to Marry - (Form 13)

Is the government form must be completed and lodged with a celebrant no more than 18 months before and no less than 1 month before your wedding date. I will assist you to complete the NOIM at our Initial Meeting.

The information needed to complete the NOIM and documents required to be sighted by the Celebrant are:

  • Birth Certificate - Full Version

If born outside of Australia:

  • Birth Certificate - From country of Birth
  • Statutory Declaration showing correct birth details
  • Overseas Passport

If either party had been married before, show proof of how this marriage ended:

  • Divorce Papers such as Decree Nisi or Decree Absolute
  • Death Certificate
  • Evidence of Nullity from Court
  • You will be asked the year of birth for each child born in this previous marriage.

To marry you must be over 18 years of age. If not, you are required to obtain:

  • Consent from your parents and
  • Court Approval

What if NOIM is not complete within the time required period or you wish to marry urgently:

  • Court approval for shortening of time.

Finally, the parties must not be related to each other.

Happily Ever....Before and After - (Form 14A)

is a Government Printed Brochure outlining the obligations and legal changes once married. The availability of marriage education and counselling.

Information is also given re change of name, taxation after marriage, Making a will, Joint ownership of property, health and welfare benefits and legal obligations. My clients are issued with this brochure when completing the NOIM.

Declaration by Party to Proposed Marriage (Form 14)

Previously when we married in churches the minister or priest would ask the guests "if anyone had any reason why these two people should not wed". In the movies this was the part for the exboyfriend or the nosey mother in law to interfer. This does not happen.

Instead each party will sign a pre prepared statutory declaration to certify they are legally able to marry.

My clients sign this form at the Rehearsal.

Official Certificate of Marriage

After the marriage is solemised the official certificate of marriage is signed and sent in to the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

A 2nd signed and witnessed certificate is kept by the celebrant for his or her record (Recorded on Form 15) and a third certificate is given to the couple for their records. The certificate given to the couple has a number recorded on the back which can be cross referenced to the Registry copy. (Form 16)

The certificate retained by the couple is decorative only and can not be used to change names etc. An official certificate, listing a registration number must be obtained from Birth Deaths and Marriages.

My clients are given an application form and if they choose, I will send away for you with the official documentation. The cerificate is then posted directly.

I complete all documents on Births Deaths and Marriages online program .

Your Marriage is often officially registered online within hours of the marriage being solemised adn often before your reception is complete.